CONTROL / PREVENTION OF COCKROACHES
- Inspect all incoming items for cockroaches and egg containing cases.
- Reduce Entry Make sure building is in good physical condition
- Good Sanitation Reduce harborage, food and water
- Inspection A thorough inspection is the key to successful control
- Determine which species are involved
- Find infestations / populations, and therefore, where treatment is required.
- Insecticide Application Your CE Tech will determine what is the most effective treatment
- Follow-up / Maintenance Continue to inspect with flashlight to find missed or newly introduced cockroaches and treat any active infestation found
- Cockroaches have changed little during the 400 million years they have been around
- They feed on practically anything of nutritive value
- Nocturnal, active at night, but can be found during the daylight when infestation is large
- Their presence is a nuisance and they are capable of carrying many common disease pathogens & causing alergenic reactions
CHARACTERISTICS OF COCKROACHES
- Prefer living in food-storage areas, basements, steam tunnels, sewers, fermenting food
- Enter through drains and sewers
- Spend about 75% of their time in crack and crevice harborage into which they can just squeeze
- Located nearest food and water sources, warm and high relative humidity.