CONTROL OF CENTIPEDES
- The key is to reduce or eliminate moist areas and harborage
- Remove piles of leaves and grass clippings, logs, stones, rocks
- Store firewood up off the ground
- Provide ventilation in crawl spaces
- We treat foundation, perimeter, crawl spaces and basements
CHARACTERISTICS OF CENTIPEDES
- Found in areas of high moisture such as loose bark, rotting logs trash, piles of leaves & grass clippings
- Most are nocturnal
- They live on flies, spiders, etc.
- Usual place in homes is damp basements, bathrooms, damp closets, potted plants
- Some times called "hundred-leggers"
- Found throughout most of the U.S. & world
- Adults 1/8 - 6"
- Elongated, flat, wormlike
- Yellowish to dark brown, sometimes darker stripes or markings
- Most - cluster of simple eyes on each side of the head or no eyes
- Typically overwinter outdoors
- Lay eggs in or on the soil
- Live 1 to 5 years
- Have poison jaws with which to inject venom to kill their prey